Friday, October 30, 2009

H1N1 Shot

Well, yesterday I got my Swine Flu shot. Went with a friend, Tracy. We came upon the school where they were holding the clinic and it was a zoo. We got there an hour early thinking that would shorten our wait. Silly us. After we waited an hour outside the line moved pretty quick. It is ridiculous that kids, pregnant women and sick people have to wait outside for hours to get this stupid shot. After leaving the clinic and walking to the car we soon realized that the line that we had waited in had tripled in size. Glad I got it done and over with. I feel that maybe the babies will get some of the vaccine and will be protected a bit.

I just had my second non-stress test at the hospital today. They just monitor the heartbeats for 30 minutes to make sure things are going well. The babies look good and made the nurses work. The babies were hiding and maked it difficult to get good readings. Poor Jennifer, one of the nurses, had to sit and hold the monitor to my belly for most of the time. The nurses at Huron Valley are the best. They let me pick the nurse I want for my c-section.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had my doctor holding is for quit a bit as well, those silly babies... so who did you pick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renae,
    I have Colleen. Jennifer and Terry picked her out of all of them before I could say anything. I'm glad they think she's the best pick also.

    ReplyDelete